Cabal Fang Workout of the Week #63
- STRIKING FROM UNCONVENTIONAL POSITIONS. Set timer for 2:00 minute intervals. Strike heavy bag as you drop to one knee, then two knees. Put one foot on the floor, and then stand up. Keep striking the entire time. As the Little Dragon said, "Hit while you move, move while you hit." When the timer beeps, get on the floor and practice kicking the bag from every angle, with your weight on left hip, on right hip, on your back, on your butt with hands on the floor, back kick on hands and knees, etc. Next interval, lie down next to a floor bag -- don't mount it, you've practiced that plenty! -- and hit it with hammer fists, palm heels, punches, etc. Hop to the other side and keep going. When the timer beeps, stand up and run through it twice more. That's a total of 18 minutes -- 9 intervals of 2:00 minutes each. Take as few 12-count (or 7-breath) breaks as you need to finish. If that's confusing, there's a video below.
- EXPLORING YOUR GUMPTION. After you've cooled down, set a timer for 10 minutes and assume your meditative position of choice. Regulate your breathing and think back to the last time you waited for someone else to solve a problem that you could've addressed yourself. This could be something as simple as not picking up some litter sitting next to your car in the parking lot or cleaning up the messy break room at your job. Or it could be something as big as letting a teacher or principal deal with your kid's decaying attitude or not voting in the last election. Explore that failure and ask yourself some questions, like 'How would things be different if you had taken responsibility?' Record your thoughts and insights in your training log or journal.
CABAL FANG WORKOUT OF THE WEEK #62
A BOXER’S GRINDER
• Push-Ups 30
• Squats 75
• 3-minutes of hard shots on the heavy bag as if your life depends on it
• Sit-Ups 30
Beginners do 1 set, intermediates 2 sets, advanced players do 3 sets, and complete nutcases do 4 sets.
Success -- the weather was perfect and we had a great time!
That's a quote from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Read the rest of the post here.
Cabal Fang Workout of the Week #60
- Boxing HIIT for Accuracy: Setup a slip ball and a heavy bag so that you can switch between the two. Set timer for 1:00 rounds and complete 20 of them, alternating between ball and bag. On the heavy bag rounds, focus on hitting precise targets on the bag. Put a few “Xs” on the bag with medical tape if your bag doesn’t have dots or targets. On the slip ball rounds, focus on executing perfect and crisp pops and slips. Muddy movements are easy for opponents to read! When done, cool down by walking it off for 3 minutes.
- Writing exercise. Get out your training journal and write 100 words minimum about quality. What does quality mean to you? Have there been times in your life when you have and have not done quality work? Compare, contrast and explore.
Cabal Fang Workout of the Week #49: Slip Ball
Cabal Fang Workout of the Week #42 is Escape Plan Drill #2…http://wp.me/ppc1y-1ni