The la Canne Vigny walking stick self-defense seminar was a huge success this past Saturday -- thanks mainly to the organization and sales skills of Morgan Mitchell! The weather was sunny and beautiful, just a little chilly, and everybody learned a ton.
Some memorable words overheard during the 90-minute session:
- "What's the secret sauce in the martial arts? Intent!"
- "Oops." And then...
- "Thanks for the reminder Tucker. Let's all put on goggles before we go any further."
- "I think my arm is falling off."
- "Is this a wedding reception or martial arts seminar?"
- "I think I need to start working out more often."
- "How do you make your arm do that?"
- "Hit it like Serena Williams!"
- "I'll take those gloves now."
Here are some great photos taken by Leo (thanks Leo!) and a short video clip of the physical training portion of the seminar at the bottom (we call it "command and mastery" of the weapon).