The third Vital Grace of Cabal Fang is Frugality. Barachiel's First Lighting is Keep Only What is Valuable. The average violent encounter lasts under 2 minutes. The max round length in combat sports is 5 minutes. Therefore:
- Map your fitness training against martial landmarks.
- Train to be a wildcat, a honey badger, a total Tasmanian devil.
- Select and/or modify exercises so that your fitness mimics martial movements whenever possible.
- Keep your fitness training short, focused and close to max output.
With that in mind...
Training Involution #90
- Scuffling, grappling and wrestling HIIT. Set a timer to beep every 40 seconds. Whenever it beeps take a 10-second break and then start the next exercise. Cycle through the following 6 times for a total of 16 minutes: Smearing Push-ups, Cross-arm Clinch Lunges (maximum cutting power!), Leg Triangles and Splay-n-Punch. See video below for details.
- Training journal review. Sit down with your training journal and do a review. Is your fitness training martial focused? I'm no better than you are -- I found some holes. Let's go plug them together, shall we? Adjust your training regimen as needed.
- If you do not keep a training journal you are not training. Take a 100 Jump Squat penalty. Immediately purchase a spiral notebook and begin logging your training sessions!